I have been debating for about a month now on how to get back to this blog. I’ve missed sharing my thoughts and my triumphs and my tribulations. I miss being held accountable, even if it’s just to myself by publishing what I have accomplished.
But now I’m back. Now to what has happened since my last post at the end of May.
1. Well I ended up not doing the Lake Moomaw triathlon. I flaked for a lot of different reasons but I don’t regret it.
2. I completed my second (Pink Power Tri) and third (Waterman Sprint Tri) in August and October, respectively. The Pink Power had an amazing feel to it with all these women together pushing and encouraging each other. The Waterman was my first open water swim and it was terrifying. Afterward though I had done it and I knew I could do it again.
3. I’ve lost about 10 more pounds on my weight loss journey but it’s still in progress. For real, I promise updated photos soon.
4. I have now started training to be competitive for triathlons next season and for an upcoming half marathon.
5. Oops I forgot to say I also completed my first half marathon down in my beloved Richmond. It was raining but for most of it I felt fairly amazing. I did it just mere seconda over my goal time of 2:30.
I look forward to posting more about my favorite new recipes, my workouts ( the good, the bad, and the ugly), and anything else that pops into my scatter brained head. I hope y’all are as excited as I am!