Friday Five: Five Fitness Goals
So, what do I want to accomplish for the rest of this year?
1. Run a 2:15 half marathon. While I am not quite ready to do a sub 2 (which would be an ultimate goal for me), I think that this is obtainable for me to do this year. Sub 2, I am coming for you next year.
2. Embrace the hills (on the bike). What really killed me in the first sprint triathlon of this year was the hills. I had been practicing a lot indoors and my favorite course outside is pretty damn flat. I am challenging myself to tackle more hills and to go for them instead of avoiding them. Here’s to new bike courses and adventures!
3. Do strength training twice a week. When I first started my weight loss journey, I was doing a lot more strength training than cardio, and I loved the muscles I was building. Unfortunately, I have slacked off, but I want to tone my body and make it stronger and more able to endure all the miles that I put on it swimming, biking, and running.
4. Be confident in myself. I don’t want to keep holding myself back. I think that I am slow and that means that I can’t go any faster. But I can. I am able. And I need to push myself. I can do more.
5. Improve my triathlon abilities. This is a couple of things. I want to improve my sprint time because I know I can. And I am ready to tackle the Olympic distance now. I am scared and excited, but I know that I can do it.
What are your fitness goals for this season?